Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life to me....

I am less than 22 years of age. And still, I think I have seen more of my life than I should have. Don’t know the reason for that, but guess, destiny liked it this way. After all, its destiny that handles the things, not us. I have seen the ugly faces of life…. And I have seen the most lovable moments too. I have seen the problems, n I have been the solutions too. I have been a poor, and I have been a rich too. I have tolerated unsurpassable torments, and I have lived a so-called royal life too.
In short, I have seen what life takes a lifetime to show to its owner. And that way, it woudn’t be wrong to say that I own a right to write about life. After all, I am a veteran at the age of 22.
Life has different phases, and this makes it difficult to summarize life in one sentence. Every part of the classification has its own yardstick. To an infant, its nothing more than the closeness it shares with its parents. The quanta of love that the child gets from others, dominates his perception of life. His yelling being answered, his wishes being fulfilled, toys all around make him a happy face and the opposite holds true too. He feels the life to be ecstatic, if he gets what his nubile brain asks him for. Contrarily, life is hell for him if he feels deprived of luxuries.
As the kid grows up, he starts learning the relations- among numbers, among alphabets and among people. Thus entering into a more complex world, where human perceptions and emotions rule the definition of life. He starts comprehending the critical terms like studies, pleasure, anger, satisfaction, love, hatred, sex and more… its then that the complications arise. He feels entangled within the cobwebs of various emotions, and keeps floating on the undulating waves of pleasure and pain.
Slowly, he gains wisdom and becomes a learned intellectual. He shares his views about wide range of topics and feels bigger with every passing day. And then comes a day, when the road his life has been riding, comes to a dead end. The cruel life completes one cycle.
In between, a phase comes in his life, when he looks back at the life he lived. He scrutinizes all the decisions he took at the meanders. Having summed up all his life, he feels he did not live it his way. And thinks it better to write up his experience so that some other person may live his life his own way, by learning from the predecessor’s experiences. Alas, even after living full-length life, he couldn’t learn that it all belongs to destiny.
Things happen the way destiny decides them to. The codes are written up somewhere. Every moment pre-decided and recorded, waiting for its execution. It’s a set of events, a random selection from among the various event codes, put together in the form of a software program file. The files are distributed randomly to the life-owners. Owner he is, but not the administrator authorized to edit his life’s program. So, he lives it the life’s way and not his own way. He gets his wishes fulfilled if his life decides so. Better to say, his wishes are what his life decides him to wish. If he tries to differ, he gets punished. Pain, sorrow, revulsions, spasms…. all are the methods the life uses to make us learn that we are not the authority.
Life to me has been no different. I mean, the program file containing the event-list of my life, has a good mix of many ups and downs. I have been blessed with divine moments of delight, and also, I have been through tortures of hell. And at the end of it, I would only like to thank that programmer. U MADE MY LIFE.

No comments: