Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Unlamented let me die....

It's a common wish for a number of people to die as a famous man. They feel that the more number of people shed tears at their death, the more secure would their path to heaven be. They dream of having a large meeting of morose faces condoling their own death. And what more to say, they even secretly wish the nation to mourn their death. Thoughts like " when you were born, you wept and the world rejoiced; make sure that when you leave, the world weeps and you rejoice" can be found in any "great sayings" book. But sorrily, I love to differ from the general lot on this very notion.
I intend to keep a low profile, and would definitely love to leave this world in utter silence. I must clarify here that I don't mean living a hermit's life and dying a hermit's death. I will live in this world and with this world till my soul finds a new guise. And more importantly, I will keep working towards my objectives till I stay here. But throughout the journey, I would like to be among the people whose lives I intend to ameliorate. Thus the low profile. And being constantly aware of the fact that it would be HIM doing things through my hands, I will evade the ever so dangerous 'ego', keeping a safe distance from it. In the very end, I would like to die a death which wouldn't pain anyone. For those who wouldnt be knowing me, the event wouldn't make a difference; but even for my acquaintances too, my death would only be a space time event. For, the people who will be knowing me, will also be knowing the deathlessness in my death, or shall I say, the deathlessness in death.

No comments: