Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tide does wait for the moon, time waits for none !!!

Time has its own pace and there's nothing in the world that can alter it. And this uninterrupted pace, fortunately happens to be the best quality of time. With itself, it brings several changes to our lives, is what we all say. But, the truth stays that time is just a witness, a passing witness of every change in our life. Good, bad or ugly, time watches everything, every moment.
This argument will demean the wishes like "have a good time" or for that matter, even a "happy new year". That reminds of the year that just passed away... 2010. Time for some new resolutions, new promises, new objectives. But hold on, wasn't it the same day last year that many new resolutions were vowed. A quick review would tell all of us that not all the resolutions were attained in totality. So, renew the old ones??? Ah, how long will we do that crap thing. Have some new ones???
Don't know why but these new year resolutions don't work for me. When yesterday evening, I tried to recollect my last new year's resolution, I ended fumbling. The retrospection, instead, yielded some useful lessons. It's said you learn from your past. I bet past is the best teacher. But the lesson lies in learning from the past without staying in it. And with itself, time teaches us a lot.
To retrospect 2010, it wouldn't be said as a nice year in terms of the amount of joy and happiness it had for me. But in terms of lessons, I am a much learned man now, thanks to 2010. A dialogue in a recently released movie went "whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". How true! Its like you become stronger every passing day, with more and more experience added to your quiver. If they are pleasant, jolly good; if they are pungent, you have grown resistant to another foul odour.
2010 was really not pleasant. On the very first day of the year, my whole batch was fighting hard the disgrace of failing in our probationary training. Consequent 10 days were the toughest we ever had in our training period. Soon after, the sweet little cosy batch was dispersed across the length and breadth of the country. The initial period in field did feel hectic. And since then, its been a brutal butchery that has been inflicted upon. Ofcourse the good thing is that I am alive, and hence stronger.. :)
Even on the personal front, it proved to be a terrible year. Had all sorts of experiences which I would never wish even to my worst enemies. Family relations, personal relations, career prospects, health .... everything went for a toss. And amidst the fiasco, I stood clueless, attempting my best to control things but for reasons unknown, things defied my control the same way sand eschews a fist. But again, the good thing is that I am alive and hence stronger... :)
I kindof liked it when 2010 passed into oblivion last night. It was not because the worst had passed as you can never be sure that the worst is over. It was more because I had emerged alive out of it, loaded with added strength and experience. I am not sure the time in future will show me positive changes, but am sure of my enhanced ability to tackle the worst that may come. Walking new paths, putting in my best, adding value to lives despite the adverse conditions, I would love to accept, endure and deliver. That's what 2010 has taught me. And it would go down the memory lane as the year that taught me a lot. Suffering brings priceless learning just the way joy brings priceless moments. You get to know the reality of it all, the way Tom Hanks knows it in 'Cast Away'. You stop for a while, look back, close your eyes, muse for some moments and all that your face shows is a soft, half smile. The next moment, you exhale it out saying 'huh', turn to the front and start moving ... with the time. Huh !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bhai kya likhte h...........superb .the phrase like" sand eschews a fist" and"wt evr dsnt kill u makes u stronger"... are commendable aiso suffering bring priceless learning i d same way as joy bring priceless moments....best line. gd work keep it up.